Ever wondered why WhatsApp is a go-to way to communicate for most of the people out there? While a number of social media applications are available on the internet, the popularity attributed to WhatsApp is something beyond measurable. What makes WhatsApp standout from others of such sort is the versatility and the vastness of features granted. One of these out of the box features is the changing of fonts in a text, aiding users to add extra details to their text. WhatsApp allows users to either bold, italicize, underscore, and strike through a text message.
How to bold a text on WhatsApp
Follow these steps in order to bold a text on WhatsApp:
- Open your WhatsApp and look for the contact to which you intend to send the message.
- Then, after opening the chat box, type the message.
- Once typed, long press on it and various options will appear including bold.
- Click on it to bold the text.
- Alternatively, you can also add (*) at the start and end of the text to bold it.
How to underscore a text on WhatsApp
Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not allow users to underscore a text. If you are a regular user, you would have noticed that no such feature is available. Although some of the texts are automatically underscored on the app including URLs, phone numbers, or dates etc., users cannot do so by themselves. In case you want to underline a text, you will have to opt for third party apps like GBWhatsApp to do so.
How to italicize a text on WhatsApp
In order to italicize a text:
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- Head towards the chat box where you want to send an italicized text.
- Write the text and long press on it.
- A BUI option will appear. Click on italic to italicize it.
- Alternatively, you can also add (_) on both sides of the text to italicize it.
How to strike through a text on WhatsApp
Striking through a text on WhatsApp will compel you to follow the given steps:
- Open WhatsApp and enter the message you want to send.
- Long press and click on BUI option.
- Select strikethrough from there.
- Alternatively, you can also add (~) at the start and end of the text to strikethrough it.
Change fonts in WhatsApp using GBWhatsApp
In case you don’t want to follow the above mentioned instructions, consider installing GBWhatsApp for the task.GB WhatsApp APK is a highly personalized version of the app and it provides an additional range of features not present in the original application. Follow these steps in order to bold, italicize or underscore a text on GBWhatsApp:
- In order to bold a text, use (*) at the start and end of the chat.
- Use (_) at the start and end of the text to italicize it.
- Adding (~) on the start and end of a text will strikethrough it.
There are also more than 30 cool features that you can enjoy with this app. Like downloading your friends status or freezing your last seen, from saving stickers to keep your status seen hidden the list is huge so if that amazes you try GB WhatsApp Download on your phone.
WhatsApp offers a range of customization options, which the users can opt in order to enhance their text. The usage of these options will enable the users to express their feelings more eloquently.