If you’re a regular vaper, you know that vape coils are crucial to your vaporization setup. Resistance wires are small, cylinder-shaped metal pieces (typically titanium, stainless steel, or nickel) that heat up when electricity is passed through them. When you inhale from an e-cigarette, this is what turns into the vapor you feel.
In most cases, replace your vape coil every week to four weeks. However, some seasoned vapers have figured out how to clean and reuse their coils to save money in the long run.
This article will examine vape coils in depth to determine if they can be disassembled, cleaned, and used again. If you decide to try it, we’ll advise you on how to clean your coils.
Vape coils—what are they?
Vaporizers’ vape coils are what heat the e-juice and produce the vapor. Metals like stainless steel, kanthal, and nichrome are typically used for their construction. A vape coil’s primary function is to vaporize e-juice, which is then inhaled by the user in a manner analogous to smoking a cigarette.
Electricity is run through the metal wire of a vape coil, which then heats up and vaporizes the liquid inside. The coil’s power determines how quickly the e-juice will be vaporized and how hot the coil will get. The higher the wattage, the hotter the coil, and the quicker the liquid will vaporize.
Whether or not vape coils can be cleaned and used again.
Although cleaning and reusing vape coils is possible, doing so is only sometimes encouraged.
This is why:
- Over time, a vape coil will wear out because of the heat. Therefore, the coil’s effectiveness will decrease, necessitating eventual replacement.
- Your coil’s original performance might not return even after a thorough cleaning. Dry hits are unpleasant and can cause further damage to your coils, and there is a good chance that the coil will continue to produce them.
However, there are times when a good coil cleaning is in order. Case in point:
- If your coil gets burned from vaping with an empty tank, you can restore it by cleaning it.
- Cleaning and reusing coils can help you save money if you’re in a situation where it’s difficult to get replacement coils.
Vape Coil Maintenance: The How-To
If you do decide to clean your vape coils, please do so carefully following these instructions:
- Take the wick out of your coil.
- To get rid of any remaining e-juice, rinse the coil in warm water.
- Put the coil into a bowl of hot water and let it sit there for 20 to 30 minutes.
- To dry the coil, remove it from the water.
- After the coil has dried, you can replace it and keep vaping.
Although vape coils can be cleaned and used again, this is not always the best action. Priming your coils properly and not vaping with a low tank level are two preventative measures to extend your coils’ life. And if your coils regularly give you dry hits, it’s probably time to get some new ones.