Sooner or later, every homeowner faces the need for front door replacement. Usually, it becomes evident with the appearance of draughts and high humidity and, accordingly, the increased bills for heating the home.
With new doors, you’ll forget all these problems.
Of course, front door replacement requires large investments.
Read our article about how much money you need to allocate, what factors affect the cost and where to order quality doors in Ontario.
How Much Does It Cost to Upgrade Front Door in Ontario?
The cost of installing a new front door depends on the material it is made of.
Let’s consider the 3 most popular options:
- Tempered glass
Steel doors are a practical and reliable option that many homeowners prefer. The cheapest steel models cost $650.
Fiberglass will appeal to those who want quality door structures with a wood-like finish. Fiberglass products cost slightly more than steel: from $1600.
Tempered glass sliding doors are usually installed in the patio or on the terrace. The minimum cost of such products is $799.
What Factors Impact the Cost of a New Front Door?
The price is also affected by:
- Standard sizes are 28″; 30″; 32″; 34 or 36 inches wide and 79.5 inches high. All other options are non-standard, which increases the cost of the project.
- Configuration – single or double, with frames and sidewalls. Single doors are cheaper. But once you add other elements to the configuration, the value increases.
- The presence of glass inserts, their design and size. The cheapest option is transparent glass. Designer textured glass will cost somewhat more. Glass size also matters. The most common (and therefore more affordable) options are 22×36″, 22×48″, and 22×64″. All other variations will increase your project budget.
- The lock and handle type also matters. You can choose a simple crossbar or install a more complex design with a crank or multi-lock. The smart lock costs $300-450, and the handles – $25-500.
- Finish – paint or stain to choose. White color is standard: it doesn’t require any extra expenses. Stain is more expensive than paint.
- The presence of side lighting will significantly increase the project budget. Side lights cost from $660 to $3000.
- Design: You can choose both classic and more modern options. The latter will be slightly more expensive.
- Transom: its size can also affect the cost. The bigger the transom, the higher will be the price of such a door system.
- Other modifications such as moldings, frame depth, decorative elements, etc. can also affect the price.
To calculate the cost of front door replacement, please contact Vinyl Light Windows and Doors. The brand representatives will gladly help you choose a model that will satisfy you with its appearance, reliability and energy-saving level.
Try and see for yourself!