Tanzania, a captivating travel destination in Africa, offers a multitude of attractions to entertain your family during your vacation. Right from stunning landscapes, and abundant wildlife, to pristine beaches, it has got quite a lot of places making it a popular destination among travelers. It is estimated that Tanzania welcomed around 1.5 million visitors in 2019. Though the value dropped by 60% in 2020 due to the dreadful pandemic, it is now recovering with a solid increase of 32% in 2022.
If you are as excited as those visitors, this article will guide you through thrilling safari activities and beach adventures, keeping your family energized throughout the trip. A curated itinerary that has room for all sorts of explorations will make everyone in your family feel included and excited about your family vacation. Stay tuned to enjoy the blissful beaches and the exhilarating experience of safaris together.
Tanzania – Unique Blend of Safari and Beach Adventure
A perfect trip should provide you with unique and memorable experiences. When you think of adventures, you have enough options here in Tanzania. You can tour the national parks, climb the majestic peak of Kilimanjaro, and trek through the plains of Serengeti. These safari experiences will keep you entertained and enthusiastic throughout the trip. On the other hand, when you feel the need to relax in the breezy winds, you can consider chilling on the shores of Zanzibar. Also, there are a few photogenic scenery for you to record your memories. If you are curious about exploring a new lifestyle, you can interact with the native tribes of Tanzania and gather insights about their living. These diverse kinds of options make family safari Tanzania a widely recognized one in the list of travel destinations.
Why is it the Best for Family Trips
While you will have numerous travel options to choose from, finding one that satisfies your entire family can be quite challenging. To come up with one such, your itinerary must consist of varied types of activities and locations that will interest every single person in your family.
A family or a small group of people will have mixed preferences among them. Seniors will enjoy sightseeing, while kids might love to be a part of fun activities. Whereas, young and energetic souls will long to go on adventurous safari activities.
With all these attractions in one place, the Tanzania family safari is the best-suited option for travelers of all ages. Now let us decode every single location or activity that will thrill your family.
Popular Safari Locations
To enrich your family safari experience in Tanzania, you can count on these locations as part of it.
Stone Town Tour
This town is located in the northern part of Zanzibar which stands as a cultural representation. This is another UNESCO-recognised World Heritage Site in Tanzania. Amidst the hard trekkings in the deep forests, you can spend quality time here exploring the traces of art of culture indulged in the buildings of the stone town in Zanzibar.
- This locality is known for spice production. Here, along with your family, you can learn more about spices, and medicinal plants.
- Being a cultural representation, you can have a tour around the town to witness an authentic touch in everything in and around the city.
- You can have a relaxed stroll through the streets of stone town, where you can closely observe their culture and lifestyle.
Accompanied with beaches, and many traditional buildings, this stone town is a go-to place for your family and friends.
Serengeti National Park
Among numerous national parks in Tanzania, Serengeti National Park will always be at the top of the must-watch list. This wildlife reserve is a UNESCO-recognized heritage site situated in Northern Tanzania. This destination is renowned for its rugged terrains and endless savannahs. This is the perfect spot for a family as it has a variety of features to grab all your attention.
- This national park is home to the Big Five animals of Africa like Lions, Elephant, Buffalo, Leopard, and Rhino.
- This spot is famous for the Great Migration. Here you and your family can witness 1.5 million wildebeest migrations in search of food and water.
- This location is a popular tourist spot where you can enjoy activities like hot air balloon rides.
This may not sound perfect for a family safari, but climbing on the mountaintop with your family will be an unforgettable experience in your lifetime. If your family is quite excited about adventurous trips, you can have this in your itinerary. Imagine witnessing the stunning view after climbing the mountain putting in all your energy. This stunning look will regain the drained energy and refresh your soul and mind.
Exciting Safari Activities
In Tanzania, you can also partake in fun-filled and exciting activities to maintain your energy and enthusiasm.
- To keep your children entertained and engaged, they can undertake activities like guided walks where a local guide will take them on a casual ride on the terrains of Serengeti.
- It will be a breathtaking experience to witness animals in real-time that are not locked in cages. During the period of great migration, you can come across hundreds of species that cross the Mara River in search of food.
- The hot air balloon rides will take you to a higher altitude from where you can enjoy the beautiful view of endless plains.
- People of Zanzibar follow a unique beauty ritual where you can learn about the use of incense and coconut oil in their massages and beauty practices.
- You can take part in Tanzania’s most popular tea ceremony, where you will get to taste various tea blends served with local delicacies.
Chilling Beach Experience
Concluding your trip with a relaxing beach experience would be an absolute delight. Zanzibar Beach, with its glistening sand, and crystal clear waters is the perfect place to sit back and relax. You can find Zanzibar beaches where your entire family can sit together and enjoy the picturesque views along with engaging water sports.
A family safari in Tanzania will address all your expectations about a fun-filled and adventurous trip. From national parks, islands, beaches, stone towns, and mountains, you have a lot more to explore on your trip. If you are looking for a family vacation, make a list of locations to visit, research the suitable time of visit, and add the destinations to your itinerary. So that you can go on a well-planned vacation that includes exciting safaris, and vibing beach adventures.