Have you ever noticed monks in meditation? There is a certain calmness on their faces that also calms the onlookers. However, you must also note that, these monks did not achieve the feat in a day or two. Months and months of practice are behind this calm demeanor. They generally focus on the journey, rather than the goal. The Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh will also teach you the same, in a very comprehensive manner.
You should always have a focal point in front of you, no matter, what you set out to do or achieve. However, that is surely not the case with meditation. There is no one better, than the learned teachers at Living Yoga School, to teach you the ways.
Let us explore some of the finer nuances of meditation.
Essentials Of Meditation – Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- Awareness of the present is the first essential point that you need to keep in mind. When you start to learn meditation, you will learn to work with distractions. They can be external sounds, people around you, or just about any environmental factor. Secondly, you will also face internal disturbances, like your emotions, subconscious mind, and so on. However, you have to develop an intent to work towards betterment. Free yourself from all kinds of judgments, thoughts, perceptions, or other concerns. As, these can divert you from the present moment. Many of the students, who you will meet during the classes, will tell you about their journey. They will often tell you to empty your mind. An empty vessel has immense capabilities. The potential is also unlimited. You will learn to gain a new awareness of the ‘now’.
- Controlling the negative mind set is another important nuance of meditation. You have to find out the origin of the critical inner voice. It can push you into destruction, if you do not control it, in time. You can develop present moment awareness, once you start to control the negative mind. If you practice, what the teachers tell you to, then you will be able to change your internal narrative slowly.
- Finalize your meditation object. It can be just about anything, like your breath, a candle flame, a mantra, or any object inside the meditation class, or if you are doing it at home, a corner of your home. If you focus on one object, you will slowly start filtering out all the distractions. These are the ones which give rise to anxiety and stress, unnecessarily. Living Yoga School teachers are the best ones in this business. They will guide you through the Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh. You can rely on them, to get all your questions answered.
- Identify the impermanence of things, which is the next step in your meditative journey. As you meditate, you will become more and more aware of your inherent qualities and gaps in learning. You will also start realizing all your old habits, and start to get rid of the bad ones, in the best way possible. As soon as awareness dawns on you, motivation sets in. The more you practice it, the better you will get.
- Once you have committed yourself toward the practice, you will slowly start moving towards an awareness state. This will be something, which you did not know about previously. However, you will find your mind settling down, with less effort on your part. Your mind can also follow the breath, in a wonderful manner. No matter, what task you do, you will be completely absorbed in it. Mindfulness and awareness will become an inseparable entity. You will stop depending on the external circumstances, for gratification and recognition. In the Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, you will be learning the subtle art of meditation, along with other kriyas.
Mindfulness Meditation And More
As a part of the Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, you will learn and practice several meditation modalities. Mindfulness Meditation is one of them. Your mornings will mostly start with purification techniques, after which you will move towards warmups. Meditation mainly aids in cooling the mind and body. Apart from mindfulness, you will also learn about Chakra Meditation. It involves activation of the chakras, to remove any internal blocks. Additionally, you will be able to cleanse the spaces inside the aural body, and open up to the universe’s energies.
Mantra meditation is another important meditative avenue, that you can be a part of. The best teachers will help you to understand the Sanskrit terms, along with English translations. You understand the meaning behind each of the mantras, and recite them in unison with the others. Mantras offer subtle vibrations, along with the meditative techniques. So, you gain from two avenues. The practice will take much of your time, in the class. Alongside, you will learn yoga meditation that signifies your focus development, while performing asanas.
Learn, practice, and master the yogic offerings, to become a transformed personality. After you leave the school, you will change inside out. The best awaits you, but only you can take that first initiative through your mind.